Happy Monday! AND Happy March :)
Today is a true milestone, it's my 100th post! Unbelievable! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I never imagined when I wrote my first blog post that both the stitchy world and the blogging world would become so important to me. I am so very grateful to able to write here every week and get to know my fellow stitchers of both the cross stitch and quilty variety!
I'm also happy to say that the drought has ended on the stitchy front! Thanks to my contracting the cold and being quarantined for a few days last week. However, I'm on the mend! Feeling much better :) I was the last in my house to get this bug, which I had thought I had successfully escaped. Nope. I wasn't quite so lucky.
In any case it wasn't all bad. Being couch ridden, I decided to pick away at my cross stitching, considering that, besides moving your head to look at a pattern every now and then, no physical activity was needed. That meant no uncontrollable sick sweats, or exhaustion, or plain yuckyness ensued! YEY for being able to be at least a little productive while sick. Is there anything worse than feeling like a complete vegetable, laid up for days because you can't bring yourself to move a muscle????
I have finally managed to finish off part 2 of L*K's Holly and Hearts Sampler. Which has been tthhhhhissss close to a finish for just about forever.
The only thing that bugs me about Part 2 is the spelling of "honour." Not that I have a problem with Americanized English, but I've grown up with the British spelling. So things like the no "u" in honour drive the anal retentive side of me up the wall. I thought about changing the spelling having seen some people modify their's, but it always looked a bit too squishy. It was like two obsessive halves of me battling it out, one - the need to spelling things correctly (which given that I used to be a horrible speller would shock some of my childhood friends) and the other screaming that things need to look symmetrical. In the end, the more symmetrical - artsy side of me won out, much to the chagrin of my spelling side.
I also fished out Santa's Magic from my all but empty WIP bag (no stitched words in sight). I'm actually pretty proud of the fact that I really only have 2 WIPs. Santa's magic and LHNs Mystery Sampler (on which I also need to finish part 2... there's a trend here). Just before Christmas I had put tones of time in one Santa and needed a bit of a change in scenery if you know what I mean. But now he's strapped into the qsnaps and ready for some flossy love.
As you can see from the picture I've been using some lovely sparkly thread... At long last I have met Kreinik floss! Or can I say Kreinik sandpaper. As beautiful at this stuff is... it's horrible on the fingers. The tips of my fingers were near rubbed raw after only an hour of stitching. Ohhhh the trouble we go through to make things extra beautiful!
Anyway, I'm going to keep Santa on the stand and will myself to plug away at him for the next little while.
Until next time!