1. What is your favourite season and why?
- Early Autumn (runner-up winter). I simply love the colours and the temperature is just right, not too hot or too cold. All you have to do is throw on a sweater and you're perfectly comfy.
2. Do you like to stitch seasonal pieces?
- Yes, I have about a zillion Christmas charts waiting to make their way onto the hoops.
3. Favourite kind of music or musician?
- It's too hard to pick a single musician so I'll choose music. I LOVE traditional Newfoundland and Irish music. Sure I'll poke on some pop music while I'm in the car... BUT I make a specific effort to turn on the Jiggs and Reels on every Sunday morning during breakfast to enjoy some Newfie tunes.
4. Favourite folktale or fairytale?
- Rapunzel/Sleeping Beauty. I was sooooo happy when Disney came out with their version of Rapunzel you have no idea. I completely reverted to my childhood self ;)
5. How many languages do you speak and what are they?
- Aside from English I also speak some 'survival' Italian and a tinsy bit of French.
6. Who would you rather have: Aragorn or Legolas?
- oooooo I think Legolas ;)
7. Dream vacation?
- Owning a villa in a small village in Italy and just chillin' for a couple of months a year. Morning runs to the bakery and the cafe for a cappucino! Now that is life!!!
8. A favourite saying and why?
- !!! I don't think I have one!!!
9. Your most prized possession?
- I'd say at this moment, my diploma.
10. Who you look up to and why?
- My Mom. If I need advise this the person I go to. She just always seems to know the answer.
11. What is the hardest thing you have ever done in your life?
- Moving to Italy. One word - REDTAPE! BUT - sometimes the hardest things in life are the most rewarding :)
1. What kinds of finishing have you accomplished (flatfold, pincushion, etc)?
- Ornaments, Biscornu and pincushions, cards, about to do a pillow.
2. What other craft forms are you interested in?
- Pottery! I'm just finishing up some classes actually.
3. Have you participated in exhanges/SALs?
- Yes. I've done two so far and I'm about to finish a third.
4. On average, how many projects do you finish in a year?
- Depends I guess. I really haven't counted!
5. Who is your favourite supplier for cross stitch fabrics?
- I purchase most of my fabric online as I don't have a LNS. I've gotten fabric from Silkweavers (some great creative colours) and more plain colours from 123stitch.
6. Do you always change the recommended floss in a pattern or usually stick to the suggested?
- I've done both. I generally try to use the recommended but if I'm not feeling the colours or can't get my hands on the required floss I don't have any qualms with changing the floss to suit.
7. Your favourite companion while working on your project?
- Anything on the TV. I love to stitch and watch TV or a movie (one that I have already watch though, new movies require my full attention :) ).
8. Do you take your project along when you are out on a vacation or visiting family?
- Oh I take it but I never get anything done. It's funny how that happens. I think "Wow, I'm going to get so much done on my little trip" and then BOOM nothing happens with the stitching at all. hehe.
9. Have you worked on beaded projects - completely beads?
10. How many hours of stitching time do you get in a week?
11. How many countries have you visited and which one is your favourite?
- USA, Bahamas, France, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Greece, and Turkey. My Favourite hands down is Italy. So many life changing experiences and good times!!!
Pewf! Now you know just a little more about me ;)
Now I must select 11 more people to TAG and ask some questions !!!
1. What is the thing you cannot stitch without besides your needle, thread and fabric ;) ?
2. What is your favourite stitching theme?
3. What are your favourite cross stitch designers?
4. Do you have any 'least' favourite designers?
5. Which do you prefer, Hand Dyed Floss/Fabric or traditional store bought Floss/Fabric, such as DMC products.
6. What are your other hobbies?
7. What is your favourite magazine, cross stitch or other.
8. What is your favourite TV show?
9. If you could be a character from this show who would it be and why?
10. What country do you live in?
11. If you could move anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
Vickie - A Stitcher's Story
Denise - Riverside Stitching
Laura - Maude and Mozart
Marlene - Poppy Patchwork
Michele - Stitches
Butteryfly - Butterfly Wings
Cucki - Cucki's Stitching Cove
Veronica - Veronica's Stitching Vault
Chris - Tot Hill Farm Stitches
Carrie - Carrie's Cross Stitch
I hope you all haven't already completed this little game already! Enjoy!!!!